Marcelo: Neymar is better than Hazard

first_imgReal Madrid’s Marcelo says that he would welcome national team-mate Neymar to the Spanish capital as rumours continue to swirl about the winger’s unhappiness in Paris.Neymar joined Paris Saint-Germain from Barcelona in 2017, but the Brazil star has been linked with a move away from the club all summer.Madrid have already made some big signings of their own, having added Eder Militao, Luka Jovic and Ferland Mendy this window. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? But the club’s biggest signing is former Chelsea winger Hazard, who joined up with the club last month for a €100 million (£88m/$112m) fee.And Marcelo says Hazard has the quality to be considered among the best in the world if he continues on his current pace, but Neymar is already there, making his countryman the superior player right now.”Eden’s a top player,” he acknowledged in an interview with Marca. “A player of high quality and, like Neymar, has the quality to be in the top five.”He’s impressive, you cannot compare them, but Neymar is better for me.”Barcelona have been seen as the favourites to sign the 27-year-old, which would reunite him with former strike-partners Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez as well as new signing Antoine Griezmann.Neymar featured for the Blaugrana from 2013-17, scoring 105 goals in 186 games for the Catalan club after moving to La Liga from Brazilian side Santos.The winger also claimed two La Liga crowns, three Copa del Rey titles, a Spanish Supercup, a FIFA Club World Cup and the 2014-15 Champions League, the last won by Barcelona.However, Marcelo says that he would certainly welcome Neymar in Madrid, despite his Barca past, if his international team-mate decided to leave Parc des Princes and come to the Santiago Bernabeu.”Neymar is an unpredictable player,” Marcelo said.”When defending when you have anticipated something, he has already thought of something else and it’s impossible to defend.”Having Neymar at Real Madrid would be a huge pleasure. Madrid have to do everything to sign the best players in the world and his past at Barcelona would not be a problem.”last_img read more

Israeli Air Strikes Bring Death Toll to Over 100 People

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Israeli air strikes overnight in Gaza brought the death toll to surpass 100, including at least 70 civilians, according to medical officials in Gaza. More than 700 have been injured.In Israel, a Palestinian rocket hit a fuel tanker at a gas station causing an explosion and seriously wounding one. No deaths have been reported.U.S. President Barack Obama phoned Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday to offer to broker a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, the White House said in a statement. “The United States remains prepared to facilitate a cessation of hostilities, including a return to the November 2012 ceasefire agreement,” according to the statement.International pressure builds on Israel to end its offensive. Many world leaders have condemned the airstrikes and a spokeswoman for the United Nations human rights office said Israel might be violating laws of war.“We have received disturbing reports that many of the civilian casualties, including of children, occurred as a result of strikes on homes,” said Ravina Shamdasani. “Such reports raise doubts about whether the Israeli airstrikes have been in accordance with international humanitarian law and international human rights law.”Egypt’s foreign ministry said, “Egypt condemns these hostilities, which led to the killing and injury of tens of Palestinians,” and called on Israel to stop “all collective punishment.”However, it does not seem that Netanyahu has a ceasefire on his agenda. In a speech Friday, he said that the operation in Gaza will continue and that “no international pressure” will cause Israel to suspend its offensive. read more